The Kiwanis Club of Weston is a volunteer organization of over 100 men and women dedicated to serving the needs of children through community service and philanthropic activities.
The club meets for breakfast at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday mornings (except July and August) at the Norfield Congregational Church parish hall. We host presentations by a variety of speakers, support numerous community service projects, and raise funds for a wide range of children's services. The Kiwanis Club of Weston has donated over $750,000 to causes supporting children and our community since 2000.
We welcome all to attend and participate. Kiwanis offers our members an opportunity for personal growth and involvement in the leadership and improvement of our community, the nation, and the world. As a group, we achieve what individuals cannot do alone. We are a diverse and multi-talented group of individuals who make service to the community both fun and personally rewarding. We enjoy fellowship and lasting relationships at our weekly Saturday breakfasts and other events and activities.
Expanding our membership keeps our organization strong and connected to the community at large. We invite you to come to any one of our Saturday morning meetings. In joining Kiwanis, you will be giving something back to your community.
Joining Kiwanis is simple:
- Visit a Kiwanis meeting — or offer to speak at a meeting. It’s an excellent way to learn about Kiwanis, make contacts and let Kiwanis members know more about you.
- Fill out a membership application form on which you identify a current member as your sponsor. Your sponsor can be someone you know already, or someone you have met at a meeting.
- Mail (or scan and email) your completed application following the instructions on the application form. Don't send any money.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will be admitted to membership by an affirmative vote of the club board at its next monthly board meeting.
- The membership chair will notify you and your sponsor and arrange a future date for your induction at a regular club meeting when you and your sponsor can be available.
- Your first year as a Kiwanian, you will be asked to pay a $66 new member fee and pro-rated membership dues. (The Kiwanis fiscal year is October through September.) The secretary will send you an invoice by email. The total combined amount of your new member fee and your pro-rated membership dues (based on the date of your admission to membership, not the date of your application) * is due before your induction and is:
- $201.00 when joining in October, November, or December.
- $167.25 when joining in January, February or March.
- $133.50 when joining in April, May, or June.
- $66.00 when joining in July, August, or September.
*After your first year, your full-year annual membership dues will be $135.00, billed July 1 and due July 30 .
Please e-mail our Membership Chair with any questions and to learn more.
Last updated 2017-02-20