The Kiwanis Club of Weston Foundation has provisions for "planned giving".
Simply stated, our goal is to increase the number of members who are willing to consider Weston Kiwanis in their long term and estate planning. Our aim is to educate and inform potential gift donors and provide helpful advice on doing the most good for Weston Kiwanis.
Here is a Q&A summary of planned giving basic information…
- Q. How can my planning help Weston Kiwanis?
- A. Many of us want to help our favorite causes and charities. An easy way is to leave a percentage of your residuary estate to the Weston Kiwanis Foundation in your will so you don’t have to part with any of your assets during your lifetime. Plus, this type of gift can be revised at any time.
- Q. What is a Planned Gift?
- A. A planned gift is any major gift, made in lifetime or at death as part of a donor's overall financial and/or estate planning. A planned gift is an effective way to share your generosity today and in the future.
- Q. What types of gifts are accepted?
- A. Bequests, trusts, annuities; IRA Rollovers and stock/bond/mutual fund gifts; Payable on Death gifts (PoDs); IRA and retirement plan accounts; Bank and brokerage accounts; Insurance policies; Real estate and other assets.
- Q. Who are the potential donors?
- A. Longtim Kiwanis members, and/or anyone with strong loyalty/dedication to or involvement with the Weston Kiwanis Club.
- Q. How does one give to Weston Kiwanis?
- A. Talk to your family and estate planning attorney. You choose any method of giving that protects your family’s needs and offers greater tax savings. Consider adding the following language to your will or living trust:
I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give devise and bequeath to the Kiwanis Club of Weston Foundation, Inc., Federal Tax ID Number 06-1468625, [written amount or percentage or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose. [Note: any change to a legal document must be witnessed and notarized.]
The club has the resources to help! The Weston Kiwanis Planned Giving Committee is comprised of the following club members:
- John Babyak (Chairman) – Registered Investment Adviser and Licensed Insurance Agent/Consultant. Cell Ph: (203) 829-6340. Email: email@example.com.
- Woody Bliss – Former First Selectman and IBM Executive; Member of numerous local Boards and Commissions
- Joanne Butler, L.L.M. – Estate Planning Attorney, and a Partner at Shipman & Goodwin LLP in Greenwich
- Dallas Kersey – Weston Kiwanis Foundation President; Former Edward Jones Partner; Marketing Management Consultant
- Lisa Wexler, J.D. – Westport/Weston Probate Judge
Any one of us would be happy to answer your questions. The outlook for planned giving possibilities in Weston Kiwanis is very bright. On behalf of the Club/Foundation, I am grateful for the consideration and support of every member!
Yours in Kiwanis,
For more information, please contact me or e-mail any one of the members of the Kiwanis Club of Weston Foundation Planned Giving Committee:
Updated 2017-05-21 Sun 04:33 PM