Mission: Objectives and Guidelines
The Mission of Kiwanis Club of Weston Foundation is consistent with Kiwanis International:
We are dedicated to changing the world, one child and one community at a time.
The purpose of Kiwanis Club of Weston Foundation philanthropy is to provide financial assistance to service programs that are in agreement with the mission and the objectives of Kiwanis International:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive [proactive], and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
The Foundation prefers to donate money for the purpose of either starting a new activity, purchasing capital equipment, or other specific one-time needs. In general, requests for support of routine administrative operating expenses are discouraged.
Priority will be given to requests from organizations serving Weston, Fairfield County, and those that have an impact on children and youth whether directly or peripherally.
For applicants that receive significant funding from other sources, the Foundation will encourage them to consider those sources before requesting our involvement and provide evidence of that effort as part of their application to the Foundation.
The intended use of the funds will be considered and that intent must be judged to be a worthy cause, as defined by the objectives of Kiwanis International. The requested funds should provide a significant benefit and impact.
The Foundation encourages involvement of Kiwanis Club members in the causes we support.
Funding should be based on need and provide a significant benefit to a broad audience rather than just one person/family or a few people.